So I decided to take it upon myself to be more educated this year. I am tired of buying things and regretting that I didn't do a little more research before the purchase.
For instance: Life insurance. There are so many options out there and we were sooo uneducated when we purchased some. After about 6 years of paying premiums into a bottomless bucket, we got some education and finally fixed our life insurance around a little.
Second: We signed up for this ridiculous meat service plan a few years ago. You might have heard from them, Town and Country Foods. We spent about $3k and got a freezer and a year's supply of meat. I had thoughts that it was pricey, but so many families that I knew had signed up and loved the meat. So we did. The catch was that you could only finance the $3k at a whopping 19%! We paid it off early, but holy crap, what kind of a morals does the company have?? (Thanks Dave Ramsey)
So 2 years later, we have about a half of a freezer left of food that we will NEVER eat. (In fact I threw it out when we moved) and a freezer that we are trying to sell. I love the freezer and if it doesn't sell, I will keep it, but I know we will never get anything near what we spent out of it. I broke it down and IF, IF we spent $6 per lb on the meat we bought, we still spent $1600 for the freezer. This model is only made for one company. Appearently it retails for $1300. To say the least, I am disgusted. I found a blog that had an article about this very subject and I thought I would link it here for any of you who have considered buying any meat from this company. It is a really good read, especially the comments.
ok, I will get off my soap box now. But now that we have just about sold every piece of electronics and furniture that we owned, you can be sure that I will be doing a lot of research before I go out and spend any money! I think this is the best new year's resolution I have come up for myself in a long time!
Where Am I?
13 years ago
2 comments:
Good post Amber. I read the meat link, what a joke! That poor Darlene.. she really got sold huh? ha/ha Well at least you know you're not the only one out there that got duped into it. I can say that I made the biggest internet purchase blunder a few months ago by buying this stupid diet pill thingy (I won't go into details, it's too embarrassing!) Anyway, i felt ripped off, and mislead. It makes you feel really stupid, but then again, if you learn from your mistakes, that is good, right?
Anyway, haven't checked in for a while, but your little Paisley is adorable. Congrats on the finalization and enjoy the temple. How special to get to do that again!
Take care!
Amy P
p.s. I saw your new website a few months ago and was very impressed. Your photography is very good.
Good idea - I should really do that, too! Congrats on your great news of Paisley being able to be sealed to your family. That is going to be so amazing!
Post a Comment