November 30, 2009

Purrrdy Temple

This next week marks the year anniversary that we were sealed together as a family.

As I was running errands today, I decided to pass by the temple point it out to my kids.

"WOW mommy, its purrdy, I want to go in!" Treycen says as he is stretching his little body in his car seat as far as he can to see as much of the temple as possible.

"Next time we get a little brother or sister we can all go in there." is the answer I gave him. I thought it was honest enough and would make sense to a two year old.


A few minutes later as I turn onto our street to go home, Treycen hollers from the back seat, "No mommy, No. Wrong way."

After asking the same thing in about 4 different ways, I finally get him to answer me why I was going the wrong way and where did he think we were going.

Treycen simply states, "Go get brother or sister!"


Wouldn't life be great if what kids said just happened? Someday we will take our children back to that temple and he will get to say. "Wow mommy, It's purrrdy" from the inside.


I treasure the moments in life when my children make me realize
what is really important in life.

1 comments:

Andersen said...

that is so sweet and honest. The little kids are so intune with what really matters. I forget that sometimes. The gospel is simple and we as adults need to not forget that.