December 16, 2009

Santa's Orders

I took the kids to see Santa at the mall with Adam's sisters and my kids wanted NOTHING to do with that hairy old man. After an hour of playing on the jungle gym right next to him, I was able to convince Treycen to go tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas.
He climbed right up on his lap and said;
"I want a front-end loader and a bull-dozer and a BIG mac truck.
Santa chuckled and said;" You are all boy, aren't you?"
After several attempts at a picture, I told Treycen it was time to
go. He climbed off his lap and Santa tried to hand him a coloring book. Treycen started throwing a fit. He was stomping his foot and crying. When I calmed him down, I asked him why he was crying.
"I told Santa I wanted a front-end loader, not a book!"
Poor kid, he just doesn't understand this make believe fantasy of asking Santa for anything and then Santa will magically put it under the tree on Christmas morning. Whomever made this story up needs to be shot!
Even as I was pulling Treycen away by his arm just as I was pulling him towards Santa moments ago, he was crying, but for a totally different reason! Oh boy!!
Paisley wouldn't go near him. This is the best we could do. She was very interested in Santa, but only at a distance. She kept hiding behind pillars or trees and peeking to see what Santa was doing, but as soon as Santa would wave to her, she would turn around and bolt. Maybe next year we will get a decent picture.

0 comments: