I guess the first step in overcoming an addiction, is admitting it....
I HAVE AN ADDICTION
There, I admitted it. But now I don't want to do anything about it.
You see, I have a 2nd love in life. He is sweet, sweet nectar.
I can see how some people say that a cigarette can calm their nerves, well my 2nd love does that for me.
I need my 2nd love when I am having a rough day, or a long one.
Or when there is reason to celebrate.
When I go on vacation, I need him like a lifeline.
He's needed when I snuggle down to watch a good movie with a bowl of popcorn.
He's always around when I am enjoying a good friend's company.
Or late at night when I am up into the wee hours of the morning playing cards with friends.
My 2nd love in life is
Mr. Pepsi.
I only have one person to blame for this addiction.....
It all started back when Grandpa Bart was alive.
Although I didn't know it at the time;
This man loved his Pepsi!
It didn't matter what the occasion or where we were, Grandpa always had a Pepsi to offer or even bribe us with. Again, it didn't dawn on me how much he loved his Pepsi until the day of his funeral.
A bishop used a can of Pepsi and 3 little cups for an object lesson in his talk at the funeral services.
All of Grandpa's 5 children wore Pepsi scarves to the grave sight.
And when the services were over, a few 24 packs of Pepsi were broken out and everyone had a Pepsi in memory of Grandpa.
(This is my niece placing her carnation and Pepsi on the casket)
I had made a goal with myself about 6 months prior to his funeral that I would not drink any pop, but on this special day, I gave in and had just one little Pepsi.
That was the end of it.... or should I say the beginning?
Now my Pepsi is my life long companion.

But what makes it even better.....
A cup of crushed ice with a little bit of Pepsi!
Now doesn't that look enticing? This is what I am sipping on while I write to you.
It even looks good in nature!
Ok, so all of this is way over exaggerated and I really honestly don't have an addiction!
But what can I say?
I just love a good Peps.



2 comments:
I think it's so good to admit your additions now you can come to grips and start on the road to recovery. I love my pepsi I just need to smell it and am craving for one. Good luck on the road to recovery.
YES YOU DO HAVE AN ADDICTION!! Don't go back on it now that it out in the open!!! Why fight it, things could be worse!
Post a Comment