I put the kids in the preschool this semester up at BYU-Idaho. They are loving it!! They ask me every day if it's a school day.
I am not sure if they are learning their alphabet or numbers, but they have learned a whole lot about apples, firemen, post offices, doctors, insects, construction workers, cameras, etc. They can even repeat facts that they learned weeks later.
For instance, we were out picking apples and Grandma Debby asked Paisley if she knew where apples came from. I am sure she was expecting an answer like "the tree" or something, but Paisley told her that apples come from seeds. The seeds get planted in the ground and the seed grows into a tree, then the tree grows lots of apples. She is a very smart girl!
Treycen went on a field trip to the post office and he mailed a letter to himself. When it came in the mail, he was so proud!! He told me exactly what happens to the letters and how it got to our house.
I volunteered to go to the firestation with both of their classes and they love the tour! They got to sit in a firetruck and an ambulance. Treycen asked the fireman what the difference is beteween a Fire truck and a Fire engine. The volunteer fireman didn't know. Treycen had to tell him!! Pretty funny. The volunteer didn't even know how to turn the lights on in the truck. Treycen didn't think that fireman was very smart.
Each kid got a chance to spray the fire hose with the assistance of the fireman. One kid jerked the hose out of the fireman's hands as he was turning the hose off. Treycen laughed and I could just see the wheels turning. When it was T's turn, he looked at me, looked at the fireman and snatched the hose right out of the fireman's hands and tried to spray the whole class. It was stopped before it got out of hand, but geez that kid is quick!
I love that they love school! I love having a couple of hours to get work done uninterupted :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment