Wow, what a month! After spending two weeks working on adoption things, my mom announced that she was getting married and only gave us a week's notice! Crazy, I know, but they say when you know it is right, why wait (or something like that)? 
The crazy part is that just a week earlier, my mom and I had a really deep discussion about dating and marriage. Now I realize, she was just testing me to see if I was up to the idea... still love you, mom!
I am just really happy for her that she has found someone who in her own words, "completes her". (I think she has been watching Jerry McGuire.) It is such a wonderful thing to see my mom smile again. I am really happy for her! Thanks, Mark.
Congrats to the both of you! The wedding was great and once again, another wedding down. I know it was going to be one wedding after another when all my siblings got old enough, but to add two from my parents into the mix, I should be a professional at wedding planning, decorating, photography and everything else. What can I say, I just love weddings, even if I only have a week to get used to the idea! (just kidding, mom)In one year, I have gone from having 7 siblings and 3 in-laws to adding 15 more siblings and several in-laws to the mix. That is not including the spouses or nieces and nephews! The step family (and I hate that term) that I have met are such amazing people and I am so anxious to get to know them better. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am HUGE on the family. I guess that comes from being the oldest, but I honestly don't think I would be who I am today without my family. And for that I thank you all. All 22 of you brothers and sisters and your spouses!
Where Am I?
13 years ago
3 comments:
I love your family blog Amber! It is so fun to see pictures of you and Adam with Treycen. I think that picture of you guys on your top banner is the cutest picture I have ever seen.
Whitney
Hey, you are a great step-sister! (I hate that term as well) I am so looking forward to getting to know all of my new siblings as too. Congrats to your mom!
We should compare stories some day...that would be fun!
Post a Comment