February 23, 2008

Island Park

Treycen got to spend a whole week in Island Park at the cabin with his cousins! We just sat around drinking hot chocolate, watching movies, snowmobiling and building a snow cave. There was so much snow up there that we had to cut out stairs to get down to the cabin door. All the fences were covered so you could go anywhere. I have been going snowmobiling up there every year since I was a little girl and I can hardly remember the snow being this much!


Daddy and Treycen lovin' the snow! If he is growing up in our home, he will be a natural on a snow machine and he will LOVE winter. There is two things our family does on vacation: snowmobile and waterski. Looks like this summer is going to be a great ski season - there is a TON of snow!





The cabin only has a shower so it has been tradition that the babies get a bath in the kitchen sink. I had to capture the moment. He wasn't sure what to think.




We taped hand warmers to his gloves and socks to keep his extremities warm. It worked really well, he never cried the whole time we played outside and the only body part that was cold was his nose!

We love to snowmobile! Treycen loves it too. He watched with big eyes as the machines came by the window of the cabin and when we dressed him up like the marshmallow man, he loved to ride the snowmobiles. He cried when we took him off! Treycen's first big trip was to Big Springs. It will be fun to see how our family will grow with each year's picture at Big Springs. The last picture is our family photo from two years ago.

4 comments:

..toni.. said...

Hey Sister!! I can't believe how big that boy is getting. We need to get together soon. Congrats on the Sealing. Wish I could have been there. (LOVE Island Park!!)

Flinders Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I think it's really cute that you all coordinate in your snow gear too. SO glad you guys are home and I can't wait to hear all about your LONG time away!

Anonymous said...

I remember that picture! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Glad that you are back though.

Rachel S said...

That looks so fun! It is so pretty up there right now! So much snow! It was good to see you guys while you were down here!