May 16, 2008

Adam's sad day!

We are on this "Dave Ramsey" kick. To say he is a motivational speaker about finances and other great stuff is an understatement. Adam made a decision to sell his truck so that we could focus on getting ourselves completely out of debt. So he put it in the paper about a month ago. Then he put for sale stickers on the truck. Then he took it to a dealership and sold it. It was a sad day at our house. I loved that truck just as much as he did and I was really sad to see it go. It has been his dream truck for a very long time and that was his reward for graduating from college. I am glad that he got a chance to enjoy it. His idea is to get out of debt and then go buy a brand new one. We will cross that bridge when we get there.

It feels so good to be on a road less traveled. Dave Ramsey's motto is "Live like no one else, so that later, you can LIVE like no one else". We have adopted that motto. If you want to hear some great stuff from Dave Ramsey, you can go to his website daveramsey.com or you can listen to podcasts from i-tunes. He has really inspired us to stay in the mood to budget. Check him out. We are well on our way to call in and scream, "WE ARE DEBT FREE!!!"

We spent the day on Saturday with the famous Dave Ramsey and he got us all fired up! (wish you could have been there Marci) Adam hopes to be teaching seminars on his philosophies soon.

5 comments:

Ryan and Maria said...

WOW! I'm so proud of him. That's a hard thing, but being debt free is soooooo worth it! We (Ryan especially) love Dave Ramsey as well. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Andersen said...

That is so great. Marshall and I realized it was two years ago this week that we sold our pickup as well. We did it for kinda the same reasons. To get out of dept and so we could prepare to have Reve. It was hard to do and we cried when it drove away. The blessings are so much greater now. We have a newer car all paid off and not to mention a dang cute baby to show off. What great examples you are.

Adam and Melisa said...

Way to go Adam! We started our Dave Ramsay program last Fall, and love the principles he teaches! My Adam also sold his new truck that he loved! We feel your pain! But won't it be so worth it when you can call in a scream "We're Debt FREE!!!!"

Mary Ellen said...

I love blogging cause I run into old friend and I was so excited when I ran into you. It's me Reba!!! Who ever gave me that name was a little crazy!!! Anyway, your fam is adorable and you are cute as ever!!!

Mary Ellen said...

It's me Reba!!!