June 13, 2008

Our trip to visit Pops

Treycen and I spent a few days down at my dad's. He is building a cabin and living at the property while he builds it. No electricity, no running water- they are really roughing it. But it is so beautiful. They have a canyon and a cave and a lake and beautiful trees, sagebrush and cactus. That is my kind of camping!

This is one view of the campsite. they have a trailer parked with about three tents set up around it. One tent is the master bedroom, one tent is the guest room and another tent is storage. What a set up.


The generator runs in the evenings so they have lights and hot water and yes, even a washing machine! It sits inside the master bedroom and they have all the cords and hoses running into the camper. It's classic and it is awesome!


Treycen LOVED it in the mountains. We played outside for three days straight. There were so many sticks and rocks and mud to throw and eat, he was in heaven. He sepcially loved all the cool tools that Pops had laying around.


Back behind the tractor is the hole for the cabin. I helped set up the forms for the footings and watched as they poured the cement and then set the rebar. It brings back so many memories of building houses with my dad. I really wish I was closer and could help.
This water tank is the only water they have on the land so far. It keeps the camper full and waters the horses and everything else.
The bathroom was really quite nice. Tina has painted and put decorations up. It doesn't even stink. As you sit on the throne, you can see down into the canyon. It makes the experience much more pleasant.
Crystal brought her repelling equipment and we got to play on the cliffs above a cave that is on my dad's property. I will add those pictures soon.

My brother Danny sleeps in his hammock most nights. It is perched right at the edge of the canyon too. What an awesome view. Treycen loved to swing in his hammock. We had a great time, but it was too short. There is so much to see and so much to do. Next time we will take Adam with us and we will spend a long time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Wow, hearing about it is one thing, and then seeing pictures... way cool. So beautiful!