July 28, 2008

One week of lessons


Well, here is our little Paisley at one week old! Her first week in this world was pretty exciting! She has met so much of her family. After three days in the hospital being loved and adored by her family there, she came home to meet many more. She has been given so much love. What a blessing it is to have such a sweet spirit so close to all of us.
We have all learned so much this week. Paisley learned that her big brother loves her so much, he shares everything with her including toys, books, food, well, just about anything he can put on her face. Treycen runs to her whenever she squeaks and wants to give her kisses. It is instant love on both of their parts.
She learned that taking a bath isn't quite the same as being in the belly for 9 months, there is a cool breeze and bright lights. She has learned that lotion is the best part of the whole bath routine.
She has taught mom that the hours between 12 am and 6 am are the most precious hours of the day. Nobody is awake but Paisley and mommy and she gets all of mom's attention. Mom has learned to force herself to lay down and take naps when it is Treycen's nap time and that the dishes can wait!!
Mom has learned that pink is one of her favorite colors! She swore that her little girls wouldn't be dressed in ONLY pink, but you should see Paisley's closet!! Dad wonders if the boys are being taken over by PINK.
Dad has learned that it is really easy to spoil her rotten. He calls her his little Princess Buttercup. It is the most awesome sight to see daddy's eyes light up when her holds her.
I am sure that there are many lessons that these newborns bring into our lives,
what have you learned?

8 comments:

Adam and Stephanie Wells Family said...

Finally! I was wondering when you were going to post. As if the new mom doesn't have enough going on! I was reading your blog and got ready to close it out and up came the new pics! Great timing! She is SO beautiful!

McKenzie said...

I have learned that they are such a miracle and blessing entrusted to us and that each moment is so precious! We're so happy for you!

Whitney said...

She looks so adorable in this outfit.

Anonymous said...

I've learned that you have to cherish those little moments because they don't last long and before you know it... it's over! I love you guys!

Adam and Melisa said...

She is beautiful Amber! We are going to miss you! I have learned that nothing in this world compares to a child's hugs and kisses! And yes...the dishes always wait!

Burbank Family said...

Amber and Adam congratulations on the new little one she is so sweet and beautiful.

This Idaho Girl said...

Amber, I was just reading your new little one's adoption story and tearing up. What a little miracle you have. The birth mother couldn't have picked a better family. Congratulations on both your babies. Christina Westerberg Barrington

Andersen said...

I have learned it is more important to get sleep whenever you can even if you haven't done the dishes in DAYS, folded ANY laundry, or even had a shower for who nows how long. New born baby are tuff at first when they don't sleep at night.