July 21, 2008

Welcome to the World Paisley Isabelle!

I know many of you are shocked, so are we!!  All I can say is that when Heavenly Father has a plan for us, there's no stopping Him!  Paisley Isabelle came into this world on July 19th at 11:09 pm.  She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 18.5 inches long.  We couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful and healthy baby girl.  Treycen is so proud to be a big brother and has no idea what he is in for! He says "baby" and lays his head down on her.  I guess all that babysitting I have done is paying off.
So here is Paisley's story (short version for the sake of sleeplessness on my part).  We met Paisley's birthmom and her sweet parents one week before she was born.  We fell in love with them immediately.  I can't speak for her or her parents, but I can say that Adam and I left that meeting with peace in our hearts and knew that even if we weren't chosen to be this little angel's parents, that she would be taken care of.  We knew right away that Heavenly Father was telling us to get ready for another little child.
A few days ago, our birth mom went to go get pampered with me.  We had a blast and it was so fun to get to know each other better.  We learned lots about each other-  we even learned that we both love the grilled cheese from a local burger place!  Later that day, she called me to let me know that she had decided that she would like us to be the adoptive parents to her little girl that was due in one week!
The very next day, she started getting contractions.  I decided it was time to go get a car seat!  I ran to the store with my next door neighbor and joked around that last time I had bought a car seat, I got a phone call while purchasing it, to go pick up Treycen.  On my way home on Saturday from buying the car seat, I got the phone call that there was a baby coming soon.  Is it a coincidence that twice I get the phone call while purchasing a new car seat?
The rest is history, but there is so much I left out. I guess the biggest impact is that  I came out of this whole experience with so much love for our birth mom and her sweet, sweet family. No words can express how we feel.
Paisley is the luckiest little girl in the whole world to have two mommies that love her this much.  I will treasure this moment we shared forever.  She has so much family that he given her love and will always give her love.
We are home now and she is perfect in every way.  We thank our Father in Heaven for preparing all of us to be ready and willing to allow this beautiful miracle to happen.  We love you A.S.

18 comments:

Suzanne said...

congratulations! we are so excited for you! dan and i love the name too! she is SO cute and we are so excited for the new addition! you guys are a pretty good looking family! (also, we have that car seat! great taste i will say!)

Kevin & Debra said...

We are so happy for you and love seeing the darling pictures. Good luck with your move and growing family.
We love you,
Kevin and Debbie

Heather said...

Congratulations! Wow, what a wonderful surprise! We are so happy that Treycen gets a little sister.

Isaac Family said...

Amber she is so beautiful! Congratulations! Heavenly Father sure did have a plan for you guys- what a blessing. Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now, please let me know if we can do anything for you guys. We love you!
Love,
Natalie Isaac

McKenzie said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and your new baby! She is so adorable. We are also very excited that you are moving closer! Congrats to Adam on the new job and to all of you on your new little bundle of joy! What a blessing she is!

Steph said...

I've never seen a more beautiful little newborn! My heart is so overwhelmingly happy for you guys! I'm so sad I won't be able to see her grow to be a cute little toddler from right next door, but I'm so happy for you guys and your new little adventure that awaits you!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you, and glad that you will be moving up this way! Congratulations!

Rick and Barbara

Bohn Family said...

Congratulations!!! Holy Smokes she is CUTE! You guys look so happy in the picture that I teared up! I think adoption is the most beautiful act of love - what an amazing birth mom to give you such an amazing gift & for you guys to bring her into your family and love her so much! I am so excited for ALL of you!!! I get to come see you tomorrow :) we are bringing you dinner & I can't wait!!!

Ryan and Maria said...

Ahhh......talk about way to make a pregnant lady cry! She is beautiful! What a fun, exciting weekend you've had. I am so happy for your sweet little family.....tears more tears! We love you ALL!!!
*Maria*

Adam and Melisa said...

She's beautiful Amber! Congratulations once again!

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

Awe... that is so exciting! We are trying to get pregnant!

Chalyse said...

What an amazing story!!! We are so very excited for you and know that you are blessed because your family is amazing!!! We love you guys so much and please let us know what we can do to help. Also, she really is so cute.

Amy K said...

Wow, she is precious! Congratulations, what a sweet family you have. You will love having a boy and girl. Great news!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! Stephanie has been keeping me updated on your life. We are so happy for you and your new little one. She is darling and Treycen is going to be a great big brother. You guys have had a roller coaster month. Hopefully you will get to IF and get settled soon. Keep us posted on where you are moving to. It would be awesome to have you in our ward. Let me know when you decide, or if you need help finding a place give me a call. Congratulations again. Denise Heaton

Michelle W. Nate said...

I am so excited for you. I talked to your mom today. I had told her that I had been looking at your blog and she mentioned that you had put new pictures on there of Paisley. I am sad I won't be to the reunion to visit with you and snuggle your sweet children. It is amazing how the Lord works. This was definately a miracle. Congratulations. Michelle Warburton Nate

Emily said...

So this means you're not moving then, right? Right?

I am so excited for you guys. You look so happy in all your pictures. I don't know how you are holding together so well- doubling the number of children in your home, moving, leaving your favorite primary class...

Rachel S said...

Oh my goodness! I have tears running down my face! I am so happy for you guys- what a doll! Treycen is going to be the best big brother, and you guys are amazing parents. Good luck with everything and congrats!

lulu said...

What a miracle. She's adorable. Congratulations!