What would you do if you were told that you had an entire day off from your normal routine to do whatever you wished?
Well, today I was granted that wish and here is how my day played out.
Woke up to my cell phone ringing, it was my dad wishing me a happy birthday. (Thanks dad!) I tried to go back to sleep, but then my daughter was crying and soon after, my son crying for mommy. My sweetheart jumped out of bed to take care of the kids so I could "sleep in". There is no hope for more sleep once the kids wake me up, so I lied there for about an hour wishing that I could go back to sleep, then here's what happened:
Adam comes bouncing in the room and said, "You NEED to get up now!" I jumped to conclusions and huffed and puffed as I stumbled out of bed to help rescue Adam from the screaming kids. Then he stopped me. He told me to get ready cuz he was taking me out to breakfast before I had to start my day. What a sweetie! I quickly turned my frustration into pure delight.
After a nice, QUIET breakfast, I hurried home to get ready to go to the "Super Saturday" activity for our Relief Society. No, I didn't have to go, but Adam's grandma had signed up for a "Cooking with Kisses" class and I signed up to go with her. After a few hours of visiting there, I hurried home so that Adam could go to work. He tried to get the night off, but after just getting back from a week vacation, it was not possible. He did promise me a date night with a nice steak dinner and a movie. (Who would have thought that I could be so excited about going to the movies?)
So I spent the rest of the afternoon doing my normal motherly routine with the exception of a few phone calls from my mom, friends and sisters to remind what day it was and then Adam's mom showed up with cupcakes and a gift! It was a sweet surprise and very needed after feeling like I should have done something more exciting with my special day.
Now the kids are asleep and what do I choose to do with my special evening? Write to you and tell you about my favorite things!
My family! I have the most incredible husband and two wonderful children and my life couldn't be more blessed! Of course, I wouldn't be where I am today without the rest of my family too.
Another favorite of mine: Nature! It is so amazing how much beauty you can find just outside. Nothing can calm me down or make me happy like a walk outside. There's just something about the fresh air and the sounds that put everything back in check.
And another: Simplicity! Weird, I know, but I get so excited when I am all wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and then I actually stop myself to enjoy the simple things in life. It reminds me of the innocence of a child. I love watching my son giggling over small things like his sister smiling at him, or feeding the dog anything he will eat and then talking to him in jibberish, or laughing with him when he kicks water into my face. I wish that I could remember to look at the world through a child's eyes all the time.
7 comments:
Oh Amber!! I don't know it was your Birthday!! I feel so dumb!! You should have said something!! We could have done something really fun to celebrate....okay with 4 kids along I don't know how crazy we could have gotten...but we could have done something!!
I love your pictures here...amazing!! Can't wait for our little tutorial sessions together....call me when you are ready!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! I love your pictures, although I'm trying to figure out how you took some of them considering you're the photographer? The family pic is beautiful! Makes me wish we lived by the ocean!
You are such a cute mom! Those pictures are AMAZING!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Your pictures are fantastic!! It sounds like you had a fun vacation also. Are you still living with Nile and Debby?
Love,
Aunt Debbie
So cute pictures Amber!!!! They turned out so good! When I called you for your birthday, your phone was turned off. I figured you must have been out do something fun! Disneyland was a blast! Love you guys!
I love your photograghs. You are so good. Happy birthday! After our baby is born I will have to have you take pictures or the kids.
I am officially the WORST friend you could possibly have! I seriously had NO idea it was your birthday! Guess we never talked about those details. I am SO SO SO sorry about that, but I'm glad you had a great day! Hope you forgive me and that I can take you to Spoon Me to celebrate when you come next week!
Post a Comment