December 27, 2008

Through the Windows of Heaven

I have lots to tell you about our Christmas adventures this year, but first I have to share something. I have been chatting with other families that have adopted children and I am amazed all the time of the courage of our birthmoms and what a special gift they have left for us.

My daughter's eyes just leave me in awe. When she looks at me, I just know that she is showing me the love that her birthmom and Heavenly Father have for me. She is perfect with her gorgeous blue eyes that sparkle, her round soft face, chubby cheeks and her little tuft of hair on the top of her head that is long enough for a pony tail.
I could just sit and stare into her eyes and just feel the warmth surround me, but then my sweet little angel smiles at me. What an awesome gift I have been given to be a mother and have such innocence love and need me.



And the smiles. Oh the smiles! Why on earth does a smile say so much?


Since the day Treycen joined our family, he has had a smile that just sucks you right in. It is the most contagious smile. He was in our home for 8 days before we heard what his cry sounded like. He is such a happy child and brings so much joy into my life.

He has the cutest little button of a nose and the most soft black hair, not to mention the beautiful tan he has naturally. With the "Terrible Twos" upon us, it is easy to be frustrated until he looks at you with those puppy brown eyes and says "sorry mommy." He is always ready to give hugs and kisses even when you don't ask for them. If you give him any kind of attention, he will have you laughing in no time, he loves to show off and tell jokes, even if it is jibberish most of the time. He will jabber for a good minute and then laugh at what he just said.

I just love my kids and not a day goes by that I don't thank my Father in Heaven for my little angels.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Your children are very beautiful and are lucky to have such wonderful parents! They will have such a great childhood. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

Awe... your kids are so cute! I really hope that I am blessed with one soon!

Anonymous said...

I love Paisley's eyes in these pictures, they really pop!