The retreat this year was such a blast. Our family added one more member to the club and it is so fun to all get together and have a sleep over with just the girls :) We all meet above the beautiful Bear Lake in an awesome, cozy cabin each year. There couldn't be a better place to gather and enjoy one another's company.
We all decided last year that we would work on a project that we have meant to get done and get it completed by retreat time. It was so fun to see what everyone had completed.
Of course, there is always delicious meals and a plethora of treats to eat all night.
Barbara took all of Grandma Z's old material and made each one of us an apron just like the ones that Grandma used to wear. In each pocket, there were a few items that Grandma always kept in her pockets. For me, just marrying into this legacy, this still meant so much to me. I only knew her for a few short years, but she has left such an impression for me and I learn so much more about her at these retreats. She would be so proud of the legacy she has left!
Yes, just as the sun was rising, we all got some very much needed sleep. It was so much fun, but never lasts long enough. Can't wait till next year.
1 comments:
I want to be a part of the Hall family! Where do I sign up?
Oh, I'm not sure I ever mentioned to you... The condo was going to have two days without power during the time we were going. WHAT? I guess it's a good thing we didn't head there! Glad you still got to go with the ladies!
Post a Comment