May 14, 2010

Good Sport Super Mom Adam

For Mother's Day, they asked Adam and his dad to take care of Primary so that all the female teachers could attend the adult meetings. I couldn't think of a better two men to take on this task!!
It was about 11 pm on Saturday night and I asked Adam if he had anything planned for Sharing time. He said no and that they would just "wing it". I laughed in my head and then in the kindest way possible, started throwing out ideas left and right of things they could do.

This is what WE came up with:
Here is how it went down....

There were several items laying on the table and as each item was chosen from a primary child, there was a song they sang that went along with that item. The child would hand it to Adam to hold.
There was an iron, a baby doll, a pot, a diaper bag, a purse, lipstick, bandaid, duster, missionary tag, necklaces, scriptures, flowers, gloves, cleaner, hot pad, etc. I know I am forgetting a few of them.
After all the items were chosen, Adam's hands were so full, he started dropping things and was really struggling. He would then ask for help from some of the kids to hold some of the items. As he would hand things off, he would ask them if they would be willing to help out with the ironing for example, or washing the dishes, etc.
He ended with this moral to the story:

Moms can't do it all and we can be a huge help to our mom's by carrying some of the load.
It turned out pretty awesome and the kids loved it!
Way to go Adam! So glad that you don't get embarrassed and you are such a good sport.

0 comments: