May 26, 2012

Keeping up our end of the bargain

Paisley has a really bad habit of coming to our bed EVERY night!  Wait, let me rephrase that.....

Adam has a really bad habit of letting Paisley climb in bed and snuggle EVERY night.

Paisley has learned that if she comes to my side of the bed, she gets put back in her own bed with no sympathy.  She has also learned that she can sneak into daddy's side of the bed without him waking up and get to sleep there the rest of the night.

After trying everything under the sun to try to get her to sleep in her own bed without too much support from daddy who is wrapped around her little finger, I had pretty much given up.

Then a few weeks ago, Paisley started begging to get her ears pierced.  After a week of her talking about it all the time, we came up with a great bargaining idea!

We told her that if she would stay in her own bed every night for 5 nights in a row, then we would take her to get her ears pierced. GENIUS, I thought. Maybe we could break this habit.

First two nights, we never saw her.  Third night she came down to our bed and wanted a drink. I gave her one and then reminded her about the deal. She ran back to her bed.

The fifth night was a Friday night. At 1 am, we hear her crying in her room.  Adam went to check on her and she said that she really wanted to snuggle.  Adam said that she should have come down to our room.  She immediately replied; "No, cuz if I come down to your room, I don't get my ears pierced tomorrow!"

So guess what we did Saturday!!  Yes, my daughter and 3 years old has her ears pierced.  She didn't even cry.  I was queasy and couldn't hardly watch them do it, but she grimaced when they shot the ears and then asked if it was already done.  She is proud of her earrings.  I am proud of my little girl!


Update:  One week later.  She has already lost 3 earrings.  And last night I woke up to find Paisley in our bed......   Sigh.  What to do??

0 comments: