Only 4 months ago I was worried that Treycen was going to struggle to keep up with all the kids because he refused to hold a pencil the right way, he refused to color or do any sort of paperwork. He knew some of his colors, but it was only after he would guess a couple of times when asked. He had NO desire to learn how to write the alphabet or even identify letters. So I called up Annette Thompson who I know through the stake primary and she has taught preschool for over 15 years. I asked her from one mom to another if I should be worried about Treycen. Mostly I was concerned that he wouldn't sit for a second for ANY teacher. She told me not to worry, that there is no requirements to go to kindergarten. But she also said that she had an opening and that if I was interested, I could put him in her class for the next 4 months.
I decided to try it out and within one week, he could spell his name and WRITE it too! He could cut with scissors and the best part was, he WANTED to color and he was actually trying to stay inside the lines! Annette Thompson is a miracle worker!!
I took Treycen in for his Kindergarten registration and while I was filling out the packet of paperwork, one of the Kindergarten teachers came and took Treycen to a classroom to be "tested".
They were gone a few minutes and then the teacher brought him back and said that my son was really smart and he is ready for kindergarten. (phew!) I know he is smart, but I wasn't sure that he was going to cooperate with anyone.
We get in the car and Treycen starts busting up laughing. It was contagious, and I asked him what in the world he thought was so funny.
He said, "Mom, I TOTALLY spelled my name wrong for that teacher!!!"
I asked him how he spelled it and he said; "T. Q. N. W. S. R." He was so proud!
Now I am beginning to wonder what that teacher REALLY thought of my child!! What a little stinker! But I love him with all my heart! Kindergarten: HERE WE COME!!
1 comments:
that is so funny about his name!!! I am worried about Reve as well. Kindergarten all day, only LDS kid, riding a bus with 1st-5th graders! AHHHH
Post a Comment