May 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom and Britt!


Adam's mom and sister share the same special day, May 2nd. And this year they got to leave the kids home with dad and come to Utah for a girls' weekend. I was so excited waiting for the day to come, and now it is over. It went by way too fast. Thanks to Jeremy, Cameron and Adam. You are the perfect dads! Mom even said she couldn't have asked for better sons and son-in-laws.

The weekend started out with a late night t.v. night on Thursday. Some of us stayed up until 2 in the morning watching episodes of The Office. Then Friday was Birthday time. Adam made "Dad's Kind of Pancakes" for the ladies and then sent them out the door around 11am. Then it was time to let the shopping begin. From Rod Works to Ikea to Tai Pan Trading to Ross. Lunch at Cafe Rio. It was Marci's first time and she loved it!

We went to the movies that night and what else would we watch without husbands or kids? Of course, we saw a Chick Flick! Maid of Honor was a cute one. We stuffed ourselves with popcorn. Then it was another all-nighter with episodes of The Office again.

Saturday was another great repeat of Friday which included another stop at Rod Works and Tai Pan Trading and the mall. We had lunch at Red Robin cuz we couldn't pass up the bottomless fries! We had another movie night and watched 27 Dresses. So cute!

All in all it was such a fun weekend and I am so glad that I was a part of it! If anyone knows me, I hate to shop, but surprisingly enough, I had a blast. Thanks for making me feel like a sister and a daughter. I have been so blessed to have such a wonderful in-law family. Never once have I felt like I wasn't welcome or not included in what was happening. I tell Adam everyday that my in-laws are much better than his! (Thanks, dad for that little joke.) Truly we have both been really blessed with such good families and I am so grateful that Treycen has such great examples to look up to.

Thanks for coming down ladies. And mom, like I always say, I am NEVER too busy and it is NEVER a burden for family to come visit. We love to have the company. Hopefully someday we will be a lot closer and can take girls days out more often! We love you guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! Can we play this week? Oh wait, we have a play on Thursday!

McKenzie said...

It sounds like you all had a really fun time! Happy late Birthday Debby and Britt! I love the tub pictures with the Shrek babies!