Today's picture has made me realize that my son is going to give me a run for his money. I get him out of the washing machine AGAIN and clean up the clothes he pulled out of the dryer only to find him like this:
You'd think the kid was starved! He is constantly asking for food. Granted, he could use it, but how much can a little boy eat, really? He has learned to pull himself up on the tall stools and then he can get as high as he wants to. HELP!!!! I am really in for it when he learns how to use the drawers as a ladder and even learns to open doors. Yikes!!
This next picture was a couple of weeks ago.
Here is the story. We took daddy to work at 6 am and I was tired when I got back so I layed on the couch while he played with toys. He was starting to whine and I knew he wanted something, but not sure what. Then just like a light bulb turning on, he ran out of the room. I figured he was just playing in the hall so I let him be for about two minutes. When I realized it was too quiet for trouble, I ran to see what he was doing......
3 comments:
I think it's worse because he's laughing! He thinks it's funny, that's not good!
My suggestion....time out! You may think he's not old enough but he is. Just make him sit down in a spot made for time outs, tell him what he did wrong and leave him there for one minute. If he gets up, put him back without saying anything to him until he actually stays there for the time he needs to. It will probably take 5 to 10 minutes for him to actually stay there but eventually he'll get the idea and maybe he'll stop climbing on things!
My boys go through growth spurts where they are eating all the time and can never get enough food.
And opening doors? Once they figured out how to hang on the doorknob and break off the child proof doorknob we had to install deadbolts up high so they couldn't reach them.
Treycen seems like such a happy kid.
Thanks for the advice "super nanny"!
Post a Comment