September 15, 2008

What we have been up to...

Okay, so I know that you are all dying to know what I have been up to. All I can say is that I have been SUPER busy. With the move and adjusting to life in the country with a toddler and a newborn. I know I keep talking about being a mother of two. I really enjoy it. I have waited a very long time to get my little angels and I am so grateful they are here! I guess when you are down in the gutters and can't see above the poopy diapers and bottles and sippy cups, it is hard to "smell the roses" if you will. I truly love being a mother and I cannot express how happy I am to hear my little boy call me "mommy" and see my little girl smile at me with her whole face.

Okay, so I am not good at the sappy things, but here are some pics from our little adventure to meet the great grandmas! My mom and grandma came up to visit my other grandma (dad's mom) and I was so excited that I got invited to join in their little reunion. It is so fun to watch my grandparents ooh and ahh over little babies, especially when they are your own.
Here is my mom's mom. She has taught me lots about canning and sewing. And loves to tell me stories about our ancestors. I also gained her love for ice cream-vanilla is the best!

This is my dad's mom. She has taught me how to quilt and she is the most patient woman I know. She never speaks badly of other people and has the biggest heart.

This is my mother. She has taught me just about everything I know. She taught me how to work hard and how to serve others. She is a great example of how to raise several children close together! She also passed on to me a passion for horses.


Here is my little angel! She has taught me how to be girlie again! I have learned how to cope with few hours of sleep and she is teaching me patience. What a legacy she gets to live up to. I am so glad that she got to meet her great grandmas. I hope we get to see them a little more often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little girl is chunkin right up isn't she? Oh man she's gotten so big! Oh and she looks soooo cute! I want to make some headbands and bows before my little comes. You'll have to instruct!

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

It is kinda funny to see Grandma hold a baby! I am glad all is well!

Flinders Family said...

Paisley is getting so big! Today, Brooklyn and I were playing "pretend" and my job was to feed baby Paisley (really it was Keslie). I think you guys have been on vacation long enough and now it's time to come home! That would make my life a lot brighter. Thanks! See you soon!