February 1, 2009

Life in full circle

I know you are all waiting for posts of our exciting events in the last week and they are coming, I promise, but first I have to say what has been heavy on my mind.

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation. I am glad to know where we came from and where we are going. This simple knowledge has brought so much peace to my soul this past week.
We had a wonderful opportunity to finalize the adoption of Paisley and then give her a name and a blessing. Adam's dear Grandpa has been very ill for some time now and we knew that his time here on earth was coming to an end very soon. We were blessed to have the opportunity to give Paisley her blessing in Grandpa Bart's living room so that he could be in the circle. What an awesome experience. He was too weak to stand so he held our little angel on his lap while they gave her a blessing. The feeling was so strong and words cannot express what we felt, but I know it had to do something with having a spirit that had just come from the presence of our Father in Heaven and another one so anxious to return.

A few days later, our dear grandpa returned back home to our Father in Heaven after dealing with cancer for three years. Even though this is a sad time for our family, it is comforting to know that he is happy, healthy and BUSY which is something that he has been wanting for a very long time. We know that we will see him again and that gives me comfort.

Grandpa, you were such a great example to me. You have taught me so much in the simplest ways. You taught me that family comes first in all things. You taught me how to find humor in stressful situations. You taught me that anyone can give service at any time and there are no excuses. You taught me how to roast hotdogs on the engine of a snow machine. but most of all, you taught me what love between a husband and wife should be. I know without a doubt that you loved us all. I have never met someone who had so much concern and love for all of his grandkids, including those of us who were privileged to marry into the family. I have never seen so much honor and pride come from a family name such as yours. Everyone who ever knew you or any relation would comment on what an incredible family. Both of my grandpas passed away a few years ago and you so graciously stepped in to fill that void in my life and for that, I thank you. I love the legacy you left for your family and I can't wait to see that legacy live on!
You will be missed terribly, but more than ever before, we will take care of grandma and each other. When you see my grandpas, please give them a hug for me. I love you and miss you.

With love,
Amber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Amber! Love you girly, and once again I'm so sorry. You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Andersen said...

What a perfect last memory with him... Sweet Paisley's blessing. Even though he wasn't my grandpa he always opened his arms to everyone and treated us like his own. He will be very missed.

Miriam Lee said...

Such a precious post Amber. What a treasure of a story to tell your daughter as she grows up. Sorry we didn't make it to Lehi. Sick kids and a snowstorm, it it just wasn't happening. Can't wait to see your posts about it all. Love ya. --Miriam