February 9, 2009

What a Growing Boy!


Being his 2nd birthday, I thought it would be nice to write down a little of what his life is all about right now. He is growing so fast!

Here are some of the words used in his vocabulary:
Tee-ee-oh : cereal
Muck : milk
Doosh : juice
Tiddy : teddy
Tee-dop : sippy cup
Nama : grandma
Naymer : Kramer
Ammerr : mommy (every single time!)
buzzo : puzzle
utz : peanuts
nack : snack
teet : treat
han manny : Handy Manny
weeda wayderr : see you later
minnie mose : Mickey mouse
doots : shoes - (go figure!)
dirsh : Shirt
dote : coat
minah : finished - (if it weren't for sign language, I would have no clue what this one was!)
doe way : go away (who taught him this one?)
ahh bidderr : all better
ah baby (with a shimmy) : all day baby (daddy's saying)
and my very favorite of all
Ah wok ku : I love you

When I put him to bed at night, we read stories and sing songs then as I start to leave the room, he says to me "Dit, ammer mommy, dit" and pats the pillow next to him. How can I resist laying down next to him after that?

I love how he can just tilt his head back and start laughing for no reason at all. He will continue to do that until everyone in the room is lauging with him. He will do or say anything if you ask. He loves to dance and shake his booty. He mostly just marches in place or hops around to dance, but it is so cute.

I love how he talks to his sister in a high pitch voice and gets right in her face to talk jibberish. I love how he will run at the first sound of her cry to give her binky back to her or find her a toy to play with.

I love that when he wakes up at 7 am sharp every morning, he just climbs out of bed with teddy in hand and softly knocks on his door until someone opens it. When I do, he greets me with a "hi ammerr mommy" and walks right past me to go get whatever is on his mind.

I love that he is a problem solver. The doctor asked me if he was a problem solver and I had to think about it for only a split second. Then the thought came to my head; when we tell him not to go upstairs, he will follow us around until we go into a bedroom, then he will slam the door shut to shut me in the room and then he will run up the stairs. The other day we had criss cut fries and they were as round as a soft ball. The sauce cup was only the size of a quarter and as soon as he realized his fry was not going to fit in the dip, he broke the fry in half so that he could dip the corner of the fry in. He is so smart!

I love that he comes to me holding his diaper and says, "ammer mommy, potty!" I will take him in the bathroom and take his diaper off only to find that he came to tell me after he had gone. He is only two! I love that he is ready to take that big step. Hopefully this is the last box of diapers for him!!

He weighs 28.5 lbs and is 35.75 inches tall. That puts him in the 57% for weight and 84% for height! That is so much better than the 8% and 10% he has been in. What a growing boy!

I love him with all my heart. He reminds me to enjoy life to its fullest. Happy birthday son!

3 comments:

Brooke Monk said...

What a precious little boy! He is so cute! My cousin's little girl called her by her first name for a while too. Her name is Jessica and she'd call her Cuh-cuh-. It drove her nuts! Atleast he adds the mommy now. It must be confusing for little ones since they're the only one that calls you mommy and everyone else calls you by your first name. Well, I think we should hang out-I'll call you!

Anonymous said...

um.... did he say go away before we came to visit? That is one of Holland's favorite things to say to everybody else!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREYCEN! I love you so much. I know I don't get to play with you very much, but I think of you often. It's your birthday and I already sent you a gift but I want you to know that you are the best gift ever! You gave the gift of a family! That family goes beyond the one you live with. I can't begin to express how much I love you, and your mom and your dad and your sweet baby sister!
I'll visit again soon! Don't forget about your crazy "aunt" Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Treycen,
Oh and thank you for letting me just hold you that morning. You may never know how much that moment meant to me.