I cannot go through this day without crying my eyes out. Silly, I know. I am a big baby, I know! But this day has so many meanings to me, I just don't know where to begin.
When I start to think of mother's day, I think of all the mothers in my life. My own mom, my step mom, my mom-in-law, my grandmothers, my aunts who I call mom, my friends who have been such wonderful examples of what a mom should be...
And then I get flooded with gratitude for two of the most amazing women I know. They have so much love and have done something that I would never be able to do myself, ever! Because of these two women, I have become a mother to two of the most beautiful children! So to Cambria and Ashlee, Happy Mother's day!! We love you so much.
Because of you, I get to wake up to hear the beautiful words; "Mommy"!
Because of you, I get to read bedtime stories and snuggle!
Because of you, I get to sing silly songs and nursery rhymes!
Because of you, I get to eat peanut butter and eat popsicles in the hot sun!
Because of you, I get to stand in church and receive a mother's day gift because I deserve one, not just out of pity.
Because of you, I get to stay home and live the dream I have always dreamed!
Because of you, my life is complete! There is nothing I wanted more in this life than to be a mother and it is all because of you!!
And because of you, I have someone who genuinely cares for my children as much as I do. Someone who loves to hear about their first tooth and first step. Someone who laughs just as hard as I do when they do something silly. Someone who knows my children as well as I do, who can give me advice because you know where they came from and where they are going!
Words cannot express how much love we have for you!! We hope that on Mother's day, you can accept that gift with pride in your hearts for the wonderful child you brought into this life and the beautiful family you have created!
Happy Mother's day to two of the most tender, outstanding mothers from two of the most beautiful, angelic children and a overwhelmingly grateful mother and father. We love you Cambria and Ashlee!!
Where Am I?
13 years ago
4 comments:
Amber, those were the most beautiful words!!! Talk about bawl like a baby, oh boy! I had to have Ryan come read it to me outloud, and he barely made it through it, let alone me sitting here in my little puddle! You and Adam truly have a special family, thank you for sharing your feelings!
Well put! I know the love you truly have for these two women and I hope now they do to! Love you girly. Happy Mother's Day!
I did the same thing as Maria. You are such great parents and being a mother is the greatest thing in the world. I am grateful that you can have children as well to experience it. Your family is growing so fast. The stage Paisley is in I think is the funnest. We will have to try and make a trip that way to see everyone again.
AMEN!!! You know I am right with you!!!
Post a Comment