Happy 9th Anniversary Baby!!
Oh my gosh! Look at us!! Adam took one look at this picture and started to brag about how good of a catch I had! Our anniversary is on the 10th of June. It's crazy how fast time has flown. We were really young back then. We have grown a lot over the past 9 years... in every aspect! (I have gained about 25 pounds, Adam gained even more!!) I am so excited that I get to spend another 9 years and then eternity with the love of my life!A friend of mine reminisced about some random things on her anniversary and I am going to do the same cuz it was so much fun to remember all those things. (thanks MJ)
9 Random facts about our courting years... 1. We met when we were 16. I was in his home town doing a sign language fireside with 8 of my girlfriends and he thought it was a perfect plan to take all 9 of us girls to a tri-stake dance. You should have seen those heads turn when Adam walked in with 9 girls on his arms!!

Besides, he had a girlfriend 90% of those begging years.
He never gave up, he promised me several times that we would someday get married.
3. We worked at a scout camp together for a summer just after we met. I was the cook and he was a river guide. Oh, the memories there!!4. He was pretty mean to me before we dated. He picked me up and threw me into a ditch after I had just prettied myself all up for a night on the town. He duct taped my mouth shut, then duct taped my hands and feet together and then sat me in a garbage can.
The list goes on, but I have forgiven him, so I must not bring them up again :)I guess you hurt the ones you love most?
5. Adam tried to buy my love. About a year before we were officially dating, he was still pleading with me to go on a date with him and I insisted that he had to dump his girlfriend before I would even give him a chance. He showed up with a check written to me for $500,000,000.00 if I would just go out to dinner with him. (Notice what it says in the memo.)
6. The first time he kissed me, I slapped him. We had been dating for quite a few months and we had gone to the video store to pick out a movie. He was such a gentleman and came around to open my door, as I reached out to take his hand for assistance out of the truck, he leaned in and kissed the back of my hand. Yes, just the back of my hand, and my first reaction was to slap him across the face. As soon as I did it, I felt horrible. I had been waiting for him to kiss me for a long time. He wouldn't get near me the rest of the evening andI think it was another week before we actually kissed.
7. After we had dated for over a year, I helped him pick out a tuxedo including a top hat and cane, then helped him pick out a corsage and also helped him ask another girl out to her senior ball. I did kiss him goodbye as he headed out the door though. ( I trusted the girl :)8. I said those three words first. It was totally on accident, but I did. We were saying goodbye after spending a weekend together. He was headed back to Idaho and I was staying in Utah. We kissed and hugged then said goodbye and as I walked away, I blurted out; "I love you". He stopped dead in his tracks and flipped back around and asked me what I had just said. Then it hit me what I had spit out.
I was shocked, but after thinking about it for a few seconds, I knew I had meant it. Now look at us!!9. He had a Mitsubishi Eclipse that he had bought and restored while we were dating. It was his pride and joy! He sold it for $1500 cash. Soon after, I found out that the cash went towards my engagement ring! He gave up his fancy car to marry me, how romantic!

Stay tuned for 9 random thoughts about our wedding day.......
6 comments:
So cute! You forgot to mention the part where he said that if you didn't marry him, he was going to marry one of your sisters. =) Never a dull moment with Adam!
Happy Anniversary!!!!
Those are the cutest stories ever!
Happy anniversary! You've got some great memories!
Oh my goodness! That was so fun to read! I didn't know all that about you guys....what a great story!
Those are some seriously classic pictures! You two are so silly.
I can always remember Adam talking about you and saying how he would marry you someday. We are so grateful you did. I remember at Kelsi's wedding reception he showed me the ring he was going to give you... he was so excited.
Post a Comment