June 11, 2009

Reminiscing our wedding day...


9 random thoughts about out wedding day

1. We had a reception in my home town the night before we were actually married so that we could take off to our honeymoon right after the wedding. Smart idea? I know!!


2. I wanted my hair curly for our wedding and since I was doing it myself, I thought it would be smart to get a perm. Yes, I got a perm only three days before my wedding!
HIDEOUS, GHASTLY, HORRENDOUS!!
At the time, all I wanted to do was get married, so I didn't care, but now....
LOOK AT THAT HAIR!!
3. Friday night, I was getting all dressed up for our reception when Adam poked his head in the bathroom and said that we had forgotten something really important:
Our Marriage License!!
Ya, we had almost two months to get it done and we totally spaced it!
My dad called the courthouse at 4:50 and pleaded them to stay open an extra ten minutes.
Adam and I jumped in a car, him in his tux and me in my dress with my hair only half done and raced to the courthouse to get a marriage license.
We made it back just in time for the reception to start!
4. After the reception, we had to pack everything up and haul it all the Adam's home town for the wedding the next morning. We had a ton of help and had the church house cleaned in record time. Most of the decorations got put into my dad's horse trailer, the food and refreshments were put in my mom's car.
The next morning when we were setting up for the wedding, we didn't have any food or refreshments! My mom had decided to jump in with my sister last minute and left her car with all the food in Preston. So we made a mad run to the grocery store to buy more refreshments.
5. It poured like cats and dogs that morning! When I woke up, I looked outside and I don't ever remember seeing the clouds so dark. We had all the stuff set up outside in Grandpa Bart's beautiful backyard and it was all soaking wet. A bride's worst nightmare! But then, a miracle happened....
The clouds parted and the sun came out only 10 minutes before we started. Everyone ran out with bath towels and wiped everything dry and we had a beautiful sunny day the rest of the day.
6. After the wedding, we had a luncheon, then went immediately into the reception. We had lots of family there for the luncheon, but then about half of them disappeared and didn't show back up until the reception was about over.
They all went water skiing without us!


7. We spent our honeymoon in Island Park and it was only overnight. We had to get back home because I had some finals coming up in school. We grabbed pizzas on our way up and we roasted hotdogs in the fireplace inside the cabin. Good memories!


8. We put on our announcements; "In Lou of gifts, there will be a money tree." We were asking for money instead of gifts. Looking back, we made bank, but how tacky was that??? I found out later that neither my mom nor my mother in law approved of putting that on the announcement. Oh well......
9. The Hall family always goes in together and buys one big gift for the couple. When we opened our gift, it was a fancy vase made from real crystal. Adam and I both thought, "Wow, that must be really expensive, but what are we going to do with this??" So we decided not to open the box and see if there was a time down the road we could use it.... (or re-gift it).
We had been married over two years and Adam showed up one day with roses for me - shocker! After searching for something to put those roses in, I decided to go check our box of re-gift gifts to see if there was some kind of vase we could use. There was that fancy vase and this was a perfect time to use it! When we opened the vase, it was stuffed to the top with money!! Ya, there were $5s and $10s and $20s just crammed in that vase!!
So all of you who contributed to our awesome gift, Thank You! We are so glad that we never did find a place to re-gift that one! I still have the vase today and I love it.
I was marrying the man of my dreams!
I married the man of my dreams!
I am still married to the man of my dreams!!
Adam is such a hard worker and everything he does in his life is for me and the kids. We always come first in all of his decisions.

I love you babe!

5 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

I love your stories. How fun!

Ryan and Audrie said...

Awe... look how cute you guys are! I am glad that you have each other and have built such a wonderful life together! One of these days I will be in Idaho and we will be able to see each other.

Anonymous said...

It's really sad for me to admit that I didn't know a lot of the details of this story prior to now. What kind of friend am I? Things I can work on.... knowing the Halls life story! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Love you both!

KT said...

I am laughing at all of this. Good stuff. Hope you don't mind that I found your blog and put a link to it on mine!

Andersen said...

That worst part of that day was I was stuck in a classroom taking my SAT test. I wish I could have been there.