June 8, 2009

I hate goodbyes....

We got to drop Josh off at the airport because he was flying to the MTC in Brazil.
It was so tough to say goodbye.

It was tear jerking watching him say goodbye to all of the nieces and nephews.
They will be so BIG when he gets back.


Who knows how many more there will be that he will get to meet when he gets home??

When he said goodbye to our brother Danny, it broke my heart.

They are only a couple years apart and won't see each other for nearly four years! I am so proud of Josh and his great example he is to all of us.

The biggest tear jerker of all was listening to my son holler, "I love you Josh!" about 50 times. Even after uncle Josh was through security, up the escalator and had disappeared, Treycen was shouting as loud as he could, "I love you Josh!" over and over.


I pray that Treycen will keep heroes in his life like Josh and his daddy to look up to.
If he does, I know without a doubt that he will turn out just fine!

We are so proud of you, Josh and we will miss you terribly! Your pictures are looked at often and we continue to talk about the "hike with Josh" and he will never forget that uncle Josh taught him that "Cactus is owie" or that "lizards live under the rocks". Josh showed him that the "doggy ate the bug, oooh, gross!" And thanks to last weekend's adventures, he will talk about the "ride in the bucket of the tractor, scary!" and "Josh's fire crackers that go boom"! And he won't stop talking about "go fast in Josh's jeep!" Every time we see a jeep, he shouts, "Hi josh!"
(After putting his car seat in Josh's jeep the first day, he refused to ride with anyone else the entire weekend cuz Josh's jeep goes fast!)

We love you Josh!
Go share your testimony with those wonderful people of Brazil and hurry back to us!

2 comments:

Scott*n*Mindy said...

Did you see the video of Treycen saying, "I Love You Josh!" over and over? It is priceless! I hope you were able to get that off of google. If not, let me know and I will email it to you. Love the Post!

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet thoughts! He's a good kid! It will be over before you know it!